THIS INDENTURE OF LEASE made at New Delhi this ________day of ___________.
Sh. /Smt. __________________Hus/Wo. _____________________R/o ______________
_____________________(hereinafter referred to as the "Lessor", which expression unless repugnant to the context hereof shall mean and include her heirs administrators, executors and assigns) of the ONE PART.
Sh. ____________________S/o Shri_______________________, R/o ______________
_________________Doctors Lane, __________________. (hereinafter referred to as the
"Lessee" which expression unless repugnant to the context thereof shall mean and include his heirs, administrators, executors and assigns) of the OTHER PART.
WHEREAS the lessor is the absolute owner of the residential property bearing Flat No. _______________________________________________(hereinafter "Residential Property").
AND WHEREAS the lessee has agreed to take on lease the said Residential Property comprising of two bedrooms, drawing-cum-dining, kitchen, one bathroom, one toilet, one balcony and one scooter garage admeasuring a total built up area of ____________. (Approximately) or its thereabouts (hereinafter all of the aforementioned referred to as "Demised Premises") for the residential purpose of Sh. ______________and his family, such demise being purely temporary and limited to the period of this lease. Accordingly, the Lessor and Lessee (hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Parties") are executing this Lease Deed to reduce the terms and conditions agreed in respect of the Demised Promises in writing.
NOW THIS DEED WITNESSETH and it is hereby agreed by and between the Parties hereto as follows:
- This the lease in respect of the demised premises shall
commence w.e.f. __________________and shall be in force initially
for a period of one year which may be further extended for
a period of one more year with an increase of Rs. ____________
in monthly rent.
- That the Lessee shall pay to the Lessor, lease rent of
Rs. ____________ per month in advance but before the _________of
the month through a cheque drawn in favour of Mrs. _______________.
- That the Lessee shall pay to the Lessor a sum of Rs. ____________________
as security deposit free of interest which will be refunded
at the time of the premises having been handed back properly
to the Lessor with all the fittings and fixture etc. in good
condition, all dues having been cleared.
- The Lessee shall pay the Electricity & Water according to
the concerned authorities/Bills.
- It is further agreed to by and between the parties that
after the expiry of the Term i.e. ______years, the Lease in
respect of the demised premises shall ipso-facto be terminated.
- That the Lessee shall not make any structural addition/
alternations, but may install air conditioners or room coolers
etc. without damages to the property.
- That the Lessee shall not sublet the premises the whole
or any part thereof during the period of tenancy nor will
allow at the time of vacating the premises and will hand over
peacefully vacant possession of the premises to the Lessor
or his authorized agent.
- That the Lessee will use the premises purely for the residential
purposes and shall not use the premises. Nor part of it for
any other purpose.
- That at the time of occupation, the Lessee shall see that
all fittings and fixtures are in perfect order and shall be
responsible to restore this in the same condition in which
they have been taken over except natural wear and tear.
- That the Lessee shall allow the Lessor or his authorized
agent to enter the said premises at reasonable hours or when
necessary for inspection/ repair etc.
- That day to day repairs arising out of the normal wear and
tear or resulting from any modifications by the Lessee shall
be done by the Lessee at his own cost but any major structural
repairs will have to be done by the lessor at his own cost.
- That the Lessee or the Lessor has the right to terminate
the Lease Deed with written notice of one month of either
- That the Lessor shall pay all the taxes i.e. house tax,
- That in case of default of non-payment of the Lease amount
for the maximum period of _________months, the Lessee has
got to vacate the premises immediately. No claim whatsoever
will be entertained.
- That the Lessee has agreed to abide by the terms and conditions
of the Lease Deed. In case of failure to comply with any condition
the Lessor shall have option/right to get the premises vacated
without any notice.
- That any dispute related for the aforesaid house shall be
subject to the jurisdiction of the Court at __________ .
IN WITNESS WHEROF THE parties have set and subscribed their hand in the presence of the witnesses mentioned herein below.